Thursday, May 16, 2013

Where you go I go..

Hm. What's something I haven't done a while? Blog.

The past several months have been consumed with nothing other than wedding planning. It didn't take us long to book our date and venues and the "big" things. My dress was lucky #3 of what I tried on. It wasn't even all the way on before I knew it was what I would be wearing on my wedding day! Things that I thought would be quick and easy, have actually turned out to be the most difficult. Such as invitations. I never thought that would be the one thing I would be SO indecisive on. But they turned out great and this weekend will be spent with a sweet friend who is helping me address all of them.

Joseph and I have completed a pre-marital small group through our church and also developed some great friendships through that as well. I can't wait for Highlands Montgomery to be my home. We are so blessed and thankful for our church family and to have such a strong and powerful prayer covering over us and our upcoming marriage. Of course moving is definitely going to be bittersweet. It will be so hard to not be 5 minutes down the road from my best friend. And to not come to this job that I love everyday. There have been times we thought we had some options...living in between Montgomery and Birmingham, Joseph being able to move up here, but the doors were quickly shut and we know Montgomery is where we are BOTH supposed to be. We ultimately want to be where the Lord tells us and where we can make a difference for the Kingdom. We have prayed for clear vision and opportunities to be removed from our path that are not from Him and He has been faithful (and quick) in His answers and guidance.

The next 93 days are going to be busy and filled with more planning, bachelor and bachelorette parties, showers, packing, moving, wedding decorating projects, and finally the day I get to marry my best friend! I know it will fly by, as the past months already have. But I'm hoping to savor every moment of this season and (try) to not rush the next couple months!

"Wherever you go, I will go; Wherever you live, I will live. Your people will be my people, and your God will be my God." Ruth 1:16

No comments:

Post a Comment