Thursday, January 3, 2013

Life change.

December was a month of complete life change. A perfect way to end one year and start another.

Haiti is now my most favorite place...ever. There hasn't been a day that I don't think about those sweet kiddos and miss their smiling faces. God really opened my eyes to a whole new world and I experienced His love and power daily. You always hear how God will take care of you if you trust Him and follow the calling He has placed on your life, even if it seems crazy, scary or impossible. Well I can now say from experience that is 100% true. I have NEVER felt peace like I did that week. The Lord is so present there and His people are so joyful. They have Jesus...He is all they have, all they need, and they are FILLED with love and joy. I think it's sad to have to go to the poorest country in the world to experience such peace and contentment.







I returned home to Birmingham about 12:45am due to delays in Miami to find the most wonderful man waiting on me at the airport holding a sweet "welcome home" sign.
When he flipped it over to other side, I was in complete shock.





I can't wait to marry the man of my dreams! I am so thankful for his leadership, his encouragement, love and support. Over the past several months, the Lord has truly changed our lives individually as well as couple. He has shown us how important it is to have Him as the foundation of our relationship and our greatest hope is that we continually glorify Him through our marriage.




 Our best friends. Our supporters. Our confidants.
We couldn't be more thankful for them.


"and human hands can't serve his needs - for he has no needs. He himself gives life and breath to everything, and he satisfies every need." Acts 17:25






No comments:

Post a Comment