Monday, September 10, 2012

Heading to Haiti!

I already figured when I started this blog that I wouldn't have much to say...I guess I was right seeing as how it has been a good while since I have written anything.

The biggest thing happening in my life right now, I am excited to announce, is that in 3 months I will be traveling to HAITI for 8 days! For about the past year or so, the Lord has put a heavy burden on my heart to LOVE on the orphans. This trip has been something I have prayed about, doubted, had confirmation, and repeated the cycle several times. I have doubted that God would really use me. I have doubted my ability to function in circumstances so far beyond my comfort zone (including especially my FIRST flight!). I have doubted that I could afford it. But I have to remember all the promises in His Word. He will never leave me. He will go BEFORE me. He will go WITH me. He will provide. He will break my heart for the people I will meet and prepare their hearts to receive His goodness. I am so thankful to honestly have the most encouraging and supportive people behind me and to have a job that allows me to take this opportunity.

On the lighter side, Joseph and his mother have an "over/under" bet on how many Haitian babies I will try to bring home. Joseph's prediction is..."all of them" ha!

"And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent? That is why the Scriptures say, 'How beautiful are the feet of messengers who bring good news!'" Romans 10:15

No comments:

Post a Comment